- About this Yoga Place
Aerial Yoga is a type of exercise that combines yoga with other types of exercise, such as dance and gymnastics, into a hybrid mind-body workout.
Vinyasa is a style of yoga characterized by stringing postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using breath. Commonly referred to as “flow” yoga or ‘Vinyasa Flow’ these classes offer a variety of postures and no two classes are ever alike. The word “vinyasa” can be translated as “arranging something in a special way,” like yoga poses for example. In vinyasa yoga classes, students coordinate movement with breath to flow from one pose to the next providing a more involving experience.
Advantages of Vinyasa Yoga
- Provides a more involving class with poses & movement linked to your breathing
- Gives your hearts & lungs more of a workout
- Requires more focus for greater powers of concentration and self control
- Helps in rehabilitation of old and new injuries
- Intensifies tolerance to pain and enhancing mental clarity
- Boosts functioning of the immune system